Huntingdonshire District Council has launched the Call for Sites consultation for the Local Plan Update.
Starting on Wednesday 29th March 2023, HDC is encouraging and welcoming submissions of land in the district that could be used for potential future development as part of the update to the Local Plan.
Are you an owner of land/sites in Huntingdonshire that could potentially be used for residential, commercial, infrastructure or open space purposes?
Submit a site through our online planning portal: consult.huntingdonshire.gov.uk/kse
The deadline for submissions is Wednesday 7th June 2023.
The purpose of the Call for Sites is to establish what land is potentially available in the district for
- Residential (such as housing, specialist homes, moorings, care homes etc.)
- Commercial (such as retail, leisure, industrial, logistics etc.)
- Infrastructure (such as health uses, community facilities, renewable energy etc.)
- Open Space Use (such as sports & recreation, allotments, biodiversity net gain, flooding safeguarding etc.)
Alongside the Call for Sites consultation, HDC is consulting on two methodologies that will be used during the full update to the local plan:
- Settlement Hierarchy Methodology
- This document has been developed to assess the sustainability of settlements and aid in the decision-making on their suitability for future the next Local Plan.
- Land Availability Assessment Methodology (LAA)
- The primary purpose of the LAA is to set out a clear methodology by which to assess potential development sites and provide a consistent way in which to assess their suitability, availability, achievability, deliverability, and potential capacity.
The methodology consultation runs for 6 weeks with the deadline to make any comments on the two documents on Wednesday 10th May 2023.
Find out more https://www.huntingdonshire.gov.uk/callforsites